No one would want to be deliberately locked out of their Yahoo account. Yahoo doesn’t like to block your email account either, but still, somehow it manages. You know why? Probably No, that’s why you’re here, reading this.
If you’ve been locked out of your Yahoo Mail account lately, it could be for a number of reasons. In this guide, I am going to talk about all the causes that result in a locked account and how to fix it. Also, I will write down some of the important tips that will help you avoid such a situation in the future.
Why is a Yahoo account blocked?
Most email services, including Yahoo, have pre-set instructions and guidelines to ensure fair use of their products and services. Also, it is to ‘secure (https://safety.yahoo.com/Security/SECURITY_RESOURCES.html) users account which has all sensitive details. I have listed the most common reasons why Yahoo accounts get locked:
- Sending a large number of emails that exceed the specified limit.
- Use your Yahoo account from multiple locations in a short period of time.
- Multiple attempts to illegally access the account.
- The recipient of the email has marked it as spam.
- Suspicious events taking place in your account.
- Incorrect POP and IMAP settings
- Entering the wrong password multiple times.
- License-free access to third-party applications or software
Not only these, but anything that breaks privacy or breaks Yahoo’s policies will lock your account.
Once your account is locked, you won’t be able to regain access or send email to it until Yahoo approves your entry.
How to unlock a Yahoo account?
Now, if you are facing a locked Yahoo account, there is no need to feel sad. There is a way out. It is quite easy to unlock Yahoo account, but the chances of success depend on the situation you are in.
These are some of the common scenarios that Yahoo users face with the methods to get out of them.
Case-1 Automatic account recovery
If too many failed login attempts have locked your Yahoo account, the good news is that this may be temporary. In most cases, it usually unlocks automatically after 12 hours. Yes, this is not a major problem, so Yahoo is not strict at all. Once your accounts are locked, you should avoid further login attempts and wait for the 12 hour period to expire.
Some other reasons why Yahoo temporarily blocks your account:
- There is a risk to your password.
- Login attempts have been made from different locations at the same time.
- The IP address changes frequently or is hidden.
Case-2 Manual unlocking of your account
Method- 1 Using other servers
Yahoo has many servers around the world, so you can try logging in with a different server. The new server will offer you new cookies, which will allow you to sign in to your Yahoo account.
These are the servers you can use:
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=in – India
- http://uk.mail.yahoo.com/ – United Kingdom
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – US
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – Canada
Method 2 using the Yahoo login wizard
- Go to the Yahoo Sign In Help page.
- Enter the information you have from the available options, such as your Yahoo mail address, phone number, or recovery email address.
- Regardless of what information you have entered, you will receive a code on that.
- Enter the code and follow the onscreen instructions to regain access to your locked Yahoo account.
Some Extra Tips To Unlock Yahoo Account
All of the above methods can be applied to
- Remove the POP and IMAP settings completely from the email service.
- Try using a different browser to access Yahoo Mail.
- Remove access from all third party applications or software.
- Clear all your browser history and cache, and then try to sign in to your Yahoo account again.
- Recover forgotten Yahoo password
- recover deleted yahoo account
- Yahoo Mail not receiving emails
- Why won’t Yahoo emails load?
- How to change yahoo email password?