Hacking is a serious concern and with the increase in technology, hacking incidents are also on the rise. All of your social accounts are always at risk of being hacked if you have not protected them properly. This rule also applies to your Yahoo account, which can be accessed illegally if you don’t pay enough attention to its security. If you are also feeling stressed due to your hacked Yahoo account then don’t worry as there are ways to fix this problem.
Recover Yahoo account through a desktop
To recover your Yahoo account through the desktop website, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Using any browser, go to the official Yahoo website and click ‘Login’.
2. On the next page, click on ‘Trouble logging in’ which is at the bottom of the login section.
3. You will then be asked to enter your recovery phone number or email address. This is the most important step in regaining access to your Yahoo account.
4. If you entered your phone number, you will be asked ‘Do you have access to this phone?’ press ‘Yes, text me a verification code’.
5. Enter the code you received and then click ‘Verify’.
6. If you have more than one Yahoo account, you will be prompted to select one for which to reset the password.
7. After that, you can set a new password for your Yahoo account to regain access to it.
This same process must be followed if you are using a secondary email address to perform the recovery.
Yahoo account recovery through mobile devices
- Open the Yahoo app on your phone and tap on the Yahoo mail icon on the left side of the screen.
- Then tap ‘Trouble signing in?’ and on the next page, you will find some recovery options.
- Enter your phone number or email address that you have linked to your Yahoo account.
- If you have entered your email address, press ‘Continue’ and click ‘Yes, text me a verification code’.
- Enter the verification code in the given box and click ‘Verify’.
- Select the account you want to recover if you have more than one Yahoo account.
- After this, you will automatically get access to your hacked Yahoo account.
But in case the hackers have changed the recovery information along with the password then it will be almost impossible to recover the Yahoo account as then you will not be able to verify that you are the real owner of the account.
Tips to keep your Yahoo account safe from hackers
- Always use a strong and unique password to lock your account using special characters, numbers, etc.
- Never share your passwords and other credentials, even with people you trust.
- If you access your account via public or system Wi-Fi, be sure to change your password after you log out.
- Keep your recovery information up to date, as this will help you access your account whenever you get locked out.
Also watch video-
Permanently delete Yahoo account
Fix Yahoo Mail temporary error 14
How do I resolve Yahoo error 554?
What is a 550 Yahoo Email Error?
What happened to my Yahoo groups?