First launched on Instagram, the reel feature also made its way to Facebook, as it became quite popular after all.
For those of you who don’t know, the Facebook Reel is a short form video creation feature. Using different audio and effects, one can create a reel up to 90 seconds long.
So, without going into too much detail, let’s move on to today’s agenda: how to download Facebook Reels? Since Facebook Reels have gone global, there are various doubts and queries revolving around them.
If you can download private Facebook videos, then Facebook Reels are not a big deal! If you also ended up liking a reel enough to download it, join us! In this article, we will explain the ways to download and save Facebook Reels and how you can save them on different devices.
Is it possible to download Facebook Reels?
Yes, you can download and also save Facebook Reels, but! If you want to download someone else’s reels and they’re not yours, the process isn’t entirely straightforward. But it is still possible to download and save Facebook Reels using some methods that we will explain in the article.
While you may wonder why there is a need to download videos from Facebook, users have their own reasons for doing so. Although sometimes problems like “Facebook Reels Not Showing” appear, users still can’t help but use the cool feature! So if you are one of them, you can follow the next section.
How to download Facebook reels?
The reels are surely quite attractive and a way to attract more Facebook likes. Now coming to the ‘how to’ part, there are basically two methods to download Facebook Reels, and now we will explain them below.
Through third-party applications
The first and easy way to download and save Facebook Reels is by using third party apps. So if you don’t mind the safety factor and want to download Facebook Reels, then read on.
- Open Facebook on your device and go to Reels.
- Now select the Facebook reel you want to download.
- Now tap on the horizontal ellipsis icon at the top right and select Copy Link.
- Now the link to the Facebook Reel will be copied to the clipboard.
- Then head over to Google and search for ‘download facebook reels’.
- Once you get the results, click on any of the top results like FDownloader.net or Snapsave.app.
- You will be able to see the bar on the home page, paste the copied link there and click Download.
- Then select the download quality for the video and tap Download next to it.
- Now the Facebook Reel will start downloading.
- Once it completes, click on it. After it opens, tap Share.
- Finally, click Save Video or Add to Photos (depending on your device), and it will be saved to your device.
In case you want to try a different way for privacy or security reasons, please go to the next section.
Using the Chrome extension
If you feel that the third-party application method will not work for you or you consider it unsafe, you can try it this way.
Facebook Reels Downloader Chrome Extension can help you download and save Facebook Reels to your device easily. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for ‘download videos from Facebook’.
- Now from the results you can select the ones that have good reviews according to you.
- Then click on it and tap Add to Chrome next to it.
- Now pin the extension once it is installed.
- After that, go to the Facebook reel that you want to download.
- Once the added Chrome extension recognizes the Facebook Reel, a download option will appear. Click on it.
Now your selected Facebook Reel will be downloaded successfully. But what if the Facebook reel you want to install is not someone else’s but yours? The next section explains the ways to do that, stay tuned!
Steps to download your own Facebook Reels
Just like the process of downloading videos from Facebook Reels of others, whether you have recently added new friends on Facebook, you can easily download and save Facebook Reels that are yours as well. Some users already know this, but in case you don’t know, you can download your Facebook Reels using the Facebook app.
If Facebook Reels audio doesn’t concern you, the steps to download Facebook Reels from the Facebook app are as follows:
- Go to the Facebook app on your device.
- Then log in to your Facebook account if you are not logged in.
- Once you are in Facebook Feed, tap on the Menu icon at the top right, as shown in the image below.
- After that, click on your account.
- Now tap Reels and the page where all your posted reels will appear.
- Next, all you have to do is click on the reel you want to download and tap the three dots at the bottom right.
- Once you do that, the list of options will appear, select Download Reel.
📝 Note: Please note that the above steps will not help you download Facebook Reel Audio which consists of Instagram Music Library or Facebook Audio.
And you’re all set! The selected Facebook Reel will be downloaded and saved to your device. In case you are thinking of posting new reels, make sure it is the best time to post on Facebook to get more engagement.
Also, you can refer to the next section to download Facebook Reels with audio.
Ways to Save Facebook Reels on Android and iOS with Music
If you are wondering why we specially mention “with music”, it is because if you officially download Facebook Reels from the Facebook app, there may be an exception regarding audio. But we have discussed it briefly in the previous section.
The steps to download and save music from reels are as follows:
- Open Facebook and tap the Menu icon at the top right.
- Then click on Reels.
- Go to the Facebook reel you want to download and save to your device with its music.
- Click the horizontal ellipsis icon at the bottom right.
- Select Copy link.
- Now head over to any third party website like Snapsave.app or FDownloader.net which will allow you to download Facebook Reel.
- Paste the link in the bar that appears on the home page.
- Then tap the Download button.
- Select the quality of the download and click Download again next to it.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to view it.
- After that, click on the Share icon and select Save Video.
Now all you have to do is head over to your Gallery, and you’ll find your downloaded and saved Facebook Reel there. If it doesn’t, it’s possible that the Facebook reel is taking time to save to the gallery or that there was a problem with it downloading.
If you are in doubt about the downloading website, you can try a different third-party app or other best Facebook video downloader apps.
Other Third Party Apps to Download Facebook Reels
In addition to the third-party websites explained above that allow you to download Facebook Reels, there are other alternatives that you can use as well. You can try them in case the ones mentioned above don’t work for you.
With the help of these websites, you can easily download and save Facebook Reels. However, there is no guarantee that all of them are completely safe. So, you can check your reviews to avoid getting malware on your device.
While using Facebook’s Reels feature, you may want to download a reel of yours or any other you’ve liked on Facebook. By downloading and saving it, you can share it with a friend, repost it, or even save it to your device to view anytime.
There can be a number of reasons why one would want to download a Facebook Reel. Therefore, this guide is an attempt to make the process easier.
Download your reel on Facebook to your device, Facebook
- 9 Effective Ways to Find Out Who Blocked You on Facebook
- How to see who follows you on Facebook?
- Why won’t my Facebook stay in dark mode? 10 Fixes When Facebook Dark Mode Keeps Turning Off
Read More Author: Janvi Panthri Senior Writer, Editor