Accessing Yahoo mails on your phone is quite convenient and you don’t have to log in to your laptop to check emails. If you are an iPhone user, the procedure to set up Yahoo Mail on iPhone may be slightly different. Also, you have three options to access emails which I am going to explain in detail in this guide.
Option-1 Setting up a Yahoo account in the iPhone Mail app
Here are the steps to follow to set up your Yahoo email account in the iPhone Mail app:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ corner of your iPhone.
- Continue to the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ section and then tap on ‘Add Account’.
- In the list, you will see, tap ‘Yahoo’.
- Enter the username of your Yahoo email account and press ‘Next’.
- On the next screen, enter the password and tap ‘Login’.
- You will see a switch next to the ‘Mail’ option, toggle it to the ‘On’ position. You can even toggle the switches next to Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes to the ‘On’ position.
- Tap ‘Save’ and your Yahoo Mail account will start syncing to iPhone.
This is how you can add Yahoo mail to your iPhone. But that’s not enough, you need to know how to access the emails that are explained later:
- Press the Mail icon displayed on the home screen.
- Then tap Yahoo to open your Yahoo Mail inbox.
- Once you receive an email from Yahoo, touch it to open and read it.
- You can also use the icons at the bottom of each email to perform actions like Flag, Move, Trash, Reply/Print/Forward, and Compose.
Option 2 Access emails in the official Yahoo mail application
You can use the official application provided by Yahoo to access and send the emails. The app may have some features that you won’t find in the built-in iPhone app. You don’t have to do anything to check emails. Just enter your username and password on the login screen and you’ll be able to read, organize, and send email from your Yahoo Inbox.
Option-3 Access Yahoo Mails in Safari
The next available option is to use the Safari web browser on your iPhone. Open the browser on your device and go to the official Yahoo link. Then enter the username and password to log in to your Yahoo account and check the emails.
Yahoo mail server settings
The options explained above do not require any changes to your iPhone Yahoo Mail settings. The reason is that you can directly access the account from the web. However, you may need to work with iPhone’s Yahoo Mail settings to set up your account manually or if the above options didn’t work. If you’re having trouble sending email or Yahoo email won’t download to your iPhone, you’ll be prompted to sign in to Yahoo Mail using POP, SMTP, and IMAP settings when necessary.
Yahoo SMTP server not working
Add Yahoo Email to Android Phone
Yahoo Mail not working in Chrome
Restore Hacked Yahoo Account
Recover Deleted Yahoo Contacts