Most of us have lived with the misconception that Google is a search engine for years. No, it’s not. It is an advertising company that primarily focuses on adding value to its advertisers and publishers.
When I started blogging, I wasn’t sure I could make that much money. I have researched and evaluated all the income opportunities that blogging is going to provide me. That time I came across an article on Google AdSense which introduced me to the best monetization technique. Without a doubt, it is the best way to earn money with Google from home. No office, no setup required, just an internet connection and your computer.
This article will be about the same monetization technique that I have used for years and know inside and out. I am going to share every single thing that will help you create an AdSense account and start earning through it.
What is Google AdSense?
Launched in mid-2003, Google AdSense is currently the most popular advertising program on the Internet.
In the words of the layman ‘Google AdSense offers a way for publishers to earn money through the content they post online’.
AdSense is a contextual ad network, which means that ads will be shown based on your content. Another method that it uses to display ads is through the cookie method. The user’s search history is used to display targeted ads.
Google AdSense ensures that readers see targeted ads and get more clicks and higher payouts than any other ad network.
Let’s start with some facts first.
- It was released in March 2003.
- It is owned by Google and one of its main sources of income. For the third quarter of 2018, AdSense earnings were $24.1 billion.
- Of the total revenue, publishers receive 68% while Google 32%.
- Advertisers use Google to advertise their products and pay when someone clicks on their ads, known as PPC (pay per click).
In this way, you can easily earn money from pay per click.
- AdSense is also available for video, games, mobile, and search products in addition to content websites.
- Compared to other PPC systems available, it is the most reliable and can generate good income.
How to earn money with Google Adsense?
If you are a blogger or have a website of your own, you can earn money by displaying Google ads. Making money with Google AdSense will seem difficult until you are well versed in the basics.
I hope you have an idea, but let me explain in detail.
Have you ever noticed or clicked on ads displayed in Google search results? You definitely would have. When a user clicks on the ad, he gets a small percentage of the revenue and the rest stays with Google.
There are two ways to earn money online with Google:
Impressions: for the number of page views or posts with ads
Clicks – to get people to click on ads (never click on your ads)
For a start,
- You will need a website and an AdSense account. Go to the Google AdSense website to create a Google AdSense account.
- Before you can post your first ad, you need to get your website approved by Adsense by submitting an application. It may take a few weeks to be approved.
- If your website meets certain guidelines, traffic, and quality metrics, your account will be approved.
- From then on, you can start showing ads on your websites.
- Add the code you get to your blog or website. Google’s crawler will access the content of your website and check if it complies with the AdSense Guidelines.
- The ads will not show until you are fully approved and when the request is approved, the ads will start showing and you will be paid for the clicks. You can even decide what your ads will look like, where they’ll appear, and what type of ads you’ll accept.
- Once you get $100, Google will send you a paper check or make a direct deposit into your bank account.
This is how you can put ads on the website and get paid. Once you start earning, you need to focus on getting more traffic to your blog and your earnings will eventually increase.
A visitor visiting your website will click on the ads displayed by AdSense and you will be paid for it. Your entire focus should be on writing quality content and attracting targeted traffic.
What are the options available for using AdSense?
These are the options available for which you can earn through Google AdSense:
- If you use Blogger, use the Monetize tab to set up and manage an AdSense account.
- If you use self-hosted WordPress, simply visit the AdSense website and apply for an account normally. You will receive a code that you can place wherever you want.
- If you use WordPress for free, you cannot use AdSense, however you can use WordAds, if you have a custom domain. Still, self-hosted WordPress will always be a better option.
Is Google AdSense free?
Yes, you can create a Google AdSense account for free. Google will even pay for clicks or impressions on the ads you show on your site.
What is the use of Google AdSense?
Google AdSense is mainly useful for publishers who can display text, video or image ads on website pages and earn money when visitors click on their ads.
How much does Google AdSense pay for every 1000 visits?
Not only from CPC, but you can also earn from your CPM ad impressions. The average CPM earning sits between $1 and $1.5 per 1,000 impressions.
How do I withdraw money from Google AdSense?
Select your bank account to make it the default payment method. For your monthly payment, please wait until the 15th of the following month, go to your local bank branch to withdraw the funds.
Do I need a website for Google AdSense?
Not just a website, but you can also earn Google AdSense income through a YouTube account.
What type of website is best for Google AdSense?
The type of websites that make the most money from Google AdSense are blogs, forum sites, and free online tool sites. Blogs have unique content and some blogs even post daily or weekly. Therefore, advertisers can pay to have their ads displayed on a website with the help of this program. Similarly, forum sites and free online tool sites can also bring you good AdSense income.
Can I make a living with Google AdSense?
No, you can’t make a living with Google AdSense not because you can’t make thousands of dollars a month, but because you simply can’t depend on just one source of income.