Whether you’re looking for music videos or any other type of video, YouTube is a great resource. Normally, YouTube allows users to watch any music video they choose, but what if they just want to listen to the audio?
There are cases where you will need to download Youtube songs in audio format because the videos cannot be played in the background. You can download YouTube videos for offline viewing if you don’t have a working internet connection. However, that defeats the purpose. It is not? You need to download songs from YouTube if you want to listen to music in mp3 format.
Is there a way to do it on YouTube?
Absolutely not, and ripping music from YouTube also violates their terms of service. However, there are several approaches that can help you achieve your goals. You can consider the options given in this blog post if you are interested in learning how to download music from YouTube.
How to download music from YouTube to computer or phone?
You can download music from YouTube in several ways. All users have access to web tools that allow them to download their favorite music from YouTube. The steps to download YouTube audio to your device are listed below.
Method-1 Using VD Youtube
This method will help you achieve two reasons, one is to download music from YouTube effectively, and the other is to download the videos to your device for offline playback.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Open your browser on your PC or mobile device and visit youtube.com.
- The music video you want to extract the audio from can be opened and the video will start playing. Go to the video URL, insert “vd” before “youtube” and then press enter.
- You will see the music video and the options to download it.
- There will be numerous links to download the VD YouTube song audio or video as you go along.
You can choose any of the ‘audio only’ file formats webm, m4a or mp3 to download music from YouTube. Mp3 is believed to be the best format to get the highest quality audio. Select the “Download” link provided before the MP3 link.
- The audio will start downloading once you click on the icon with the three dots, followed by the word “Download”.
Method 2 using YouTube to MP3 converter
You can also use YouTube audio downloader to download the song to your device. Here are the necessary steps that you need to apply one by one:
- First of all, please go to YTMP3 or visit the link https://ytmp3.cc/en11/ and you will see the screen as below.
- Open the YouTube video for which you want to download the audio in a new tab. By right clicking and choosing “Copy” or selecting the address and pressing “Ctrl+C”, you can copy the video link from the address bar.
- Paste the link in the space provided on the tab above. Then select “Convert”
- The YouTube song will start downloading after selecting the download option.
Method 3 using 4K video downloader
Another effective way to download songs from YouTube is by using 4K Video Downloader as explained below:
- Visit https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader to access the downloader link.
Click on the setup file to start the installation procedure after downloading. Once the program is installed, run it.
- To extract music from a YouTube video, open it in a browser and copy the link.
- Returning to the downloader, select “Paste Link” from the menu. It will start preparing to download the clip.
- From the “Download Video” dropdown menu on your device, select “Extract Audio.” The format dropdown will change from “mp4” to “mp3” automatically. Also, you can choose any other audio format you like.
- Also, select the audio quality you want to download. It is advised to choose original quality. After that, click “Extract” to start the download process.
Method 4 using Freemake YouTube to MP3 Converter
To rip music from YouTube using this converter, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the link https://www.freemake.com/download?id=FreemakeYoutubeToMP3Boom.exe
Download the converter on your device. After downloading, complete the installation process to launch the program.
- Then, copy the link of the YouTube video for which you want to get the audio and paste it in the space provided and hit the search icon. It will start searching for the required audio and it will take some time to parse the audio.
- Once it shows the audio link, click on the ‘Down Arrow’ icon to start the download process.
- You will be able to see the download progress in the upper right corner of the converter screen.
- After it’s downloaded to your device, you’ll see the option to ‘Show in folder’ or ‘Play’ right there.
Method 5- Using Itubego
You can download YouTube videos with the use of a program called iTubeGo. It contains a built-in YouTube converter that can transform videos into MP3, MP4 and HD MP4 codecs. When you download any video, this video downloader chrome extension automatically searches online TV shows and movies for subtitles.
With one of the best free video downloaders, you can download videos from more than 10,000 websites.
Video and audio files can be converted to a variety of formats. You can store an entire playlist thanks to it. This YouTube capture tool also supports multiple audio and video formats.
How can I bulk download audio for free from YouTube?
It is preferable to install one of the many MP3 or video downloader and converter software on your system if you are looking for solutions to download YouTube audio in bulk to your PC. This program converts YouTube videos to Mp3 audio files quickly and easily.
Here’s how to use this free YouTube to Mp3 converter to convert your YouTube videos to Mp3:
Step 1 Go to Free YouTube to Mp3 Converter and select “Download” option as the first step. Both Windows and Mac OS systems can use this program.
Step 2 – Then just click the ‘Paste’ button on your converter after copying the YouTube URL you want to convert to Mp3. Your video will be visible in the workspace below.
You can use this procedure to add multiple YouTube videos to download audio.
Step 3: An Mp3 file will be created from your desired YouTube videos. The blue “Get” button can be used to bulk download YouTube audio from files.
Just click the down arrow next to each individual file on the far right to download it individually.
Depending on the size and length of your converted YouTube to Mp3 video file, it may take a while to download, but this is a quick and easy way to download many audio files at once from YouTube.
Read more: The best YouTube comment search tools in 2023
Is it illegal to download audio from YouTube?
There is no doubt that downloading your own private YouTube videos, public domain videos and copyright-free videos is legal. But without the consent of the owner, you cannot download videos that are copyrighted.
Videos you’ve already submitted can be downloaded, according to YouTube support. If you didn’t upload the video yourself, you won’t be able to save it to your computer or any other device. The YouTube app on your phone is the only one that allows you to download videos.
When downloading audio from YouTube videos, please note the following:
- Downloading and transcoding videos without the owner’s permission is against YouTube’s terms of service and may also be prohibited by local or national copyright regulations.
- Check to see if the copyright owner of a podcast, song, or video allows YouTube downloads. It also makes sense to cite the original or source if you are using this audio for profit.
Downloading royalty free music is a much better strategy to avoid breaking all those copyright restrictions.
These are some of the efficient YouTube music downloaders that can be used to download music from YouTube. In addition, YouTube has launched the “YouTube Music” application, which allows you to listen to songs without limits. Although you cannot download music from YouTube using this method, some users may find it quite beneficial.
If you are interested, you can sign up for “YouTube Music Premium” to listen to ad-free music while offline or with the screen off. Basically, this program allows you to create your own universe of your favorite music while listening to audio and video tracks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are YouTube audio extractors?
Answer: Applications called YouTube Audio Rippers allow you to remove embedded background music from YouTube videos. These tools allow you to get songs from YouTube or other websites and add them to your own custom video clips.
Is it legal to convert YouTube videos to MP3?
Answer: Although it is allowed to watch YouTube videos, it is illegal to convert any of the videos to MP3. Anyone can convert YouTube videos to MP3 as long as there is no need to get copyright protected music videos.
What kind of audio quality conversion does Rippers support?
Answer: Generally, 320 kbps audio quality conversion is supported by most audio extractors.