Florida man infected with flesh-eating bacteria after being bitten by relative

Florida man infected with flesh-eating bacteria after being bitten by relative

A Florida man was infected with flesh-eating bacteria from a human bite. Donnie Adams was attending a family function in February when a relative bit him for trying to break up a fight. Despite receiving a tetanus shot and prompt antibiotics, the Tampa Bay resident was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis.

Donnie Adams of Florida was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh-eating bacteria, after being bitten by a family member | Credit: WESH 2 News/YouTube

Donnie Adams of Florida was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh-eating bacteria, after being bitten by a family member | Credit: WESH 2 News/YouTube

Photo: YoutubeDonnie Adams of Florida was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh-eating bacteria, after being bitten by a family member |  Credit: WESH 2 News/YouTube

Donnie Adams of Florida was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, or flesh-eating bacteria, after being bitten by a family member | Credit: WESH 2 News/YouTube

Photo: YouTubeSubscribe to NotificationsA Florida man has survived an infection from flesh-eating bacteria, which he received from a human bite. Donnie Adams, of Tampa Bay, was attending a family party in February when a relative bit him for trying to break up a fight. He went to the hospital for a tetanus shot and took antibiotics as a precaution, only to make it worse. Related News PreviousFlorida man who lost arm to alligator bite recalls urinating in pond during attack

Florida man who lost arm to alligator bite recalls urinating in pond during attack

Florida man leaps over 12-foot alligators to rescue dog from their jaws

Florida man jumps on back of 12-foot alligator to rescue his dog from its jaws

Florida man wins women's poker tournament sparks debate

Florida man wins women’s poker tournament, sparks debate

Next“On the third day, my leg hurt a lot. I couldn’t walk, it was very hot and very painful,” recalled Adams. Seeing that his infection refused to subside, he returned to the emergency room at HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital in St. Petersburg, where he received bad news from osteopathic physician Dr. Fritz Brink, according to NBC affiliate WSAV. The doctor diagnosed Adams with necrotizing fasciitis. . Commonly called flesh-eating bacteria, the condition is characterized by a rapid and destructive tissue infection. Although there are several types of bacteria that can cause it, group A Streptococcus the bacterium accounts for the majority of these cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The bacteria usually enter the body through a break in the skin, which in Adam’s case, was introduced through a bite from his relative, Brink. believe. “A human bite is dirtier than a dog bite in terms of the types of bacteria that grow,” he explained. “Normal bacteria in an abnormal place can be a real problem.” The doctor operated on Adam’s thigh to remove the infected tissue. Nearly 70 percent of the tissue in the front of his thigh had to be removed, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

See also  Mark Zuckerberg Reminisces About Early Days
YouTube video
“What you see now, you see not just a scar, but the beauty of the aftermath,” Adams said. “I never would have imagined that a human bite would turn into something as horrible as a flesh-eating bacterium.” shock.

Categories: Trending
Source: englishtalent.edu.vn

Leave a Comment