Not having a Gmail account prevents you from walking side by side in this fast-paced world. So if you haven’t signed up for a Gmail account so far, do it right now. Creating a new Gmail address is pretty straightforward; just make sure you get it right with all the genuine information.
In this guide, you’ll read about how you can set up a new Gmail account and start using it.
How to create a Gmail account?
- To apply for a new Gmail address, you need to visit the official website i.e. Gmail.com and on the top right corner, click ‘Create an account’.
- On the next page, you need to fill out a form with your personal data, such as
- Next, you need to enter your phone number for Google to verify and prove that you are not a robot.
- Check your phone for the verification code and enter it in the space provided, click ‘Verify’. You can even opt to ‘Call instead’ in case you don’t get the code.
- In the next step, you can enter your recovery email address which is optional. Select your ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Sex’ and then click ‘Next’.
- Scroll down and click ‘I agree’ once you’ve finished reading Google’s ‘Terms of Service’.
- Your Gmail account has been successfully created and you can now start sending and receiving emails.
Name- Your name
Surname- Your last name
Username – You need to create a unique username for your Gmail account
Password: a unique and strong combination of letters, numbers and symbols, there must be at least 8 or more characters. Enter the password twice to confirm.
Once you have finished filling in the required information, click ‘Next’.
How to login to your Gmail account?
Once you are done with the account creation process, you will be automatically logged in the first time. However, starting next time, you will need to manually log in and out when necessary.
These are the steps to follow:
- Visit the link- www.gmail.com.
- Then click ‘Login’ at the top right of the screen.
- Type your username for the Gmail account and press ‘Next’.
- Enter your account password and press ‘Next’.
To sign out:
Move your mouse to the top right corner of the page and click on the first initial of your name. In the drop down menu, click on the ‘Log out’ option.
How to access Gmail mail settings?
From time to time you may feel the need to update or change your email settings. You may want to make changes to how Gmail looks, search, create a signature, edit your labels, or update your theme. All this can be done simply by accessing the mail settings as follows:
- First, click on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the screen and from the drop down menu, select ‘Settings’.
- Now, from the settings section, you can click on any of the categories listed on the top row and make your desired changes to the settings.
How to sign up for Yahoo Mail?
How to create an Outlook account?
Create an AOL account