Facebook users should keep security first, because due to the large number of users, hackers attack FB more often. Therefore, to prevent unauthorized access to your account, you should keep changing your FB password. In this way, tracking your password would become difficult and the chances of hacking would be reduced.
Such small things can make big changes. So here we show you the ways you can easily change the password and increase the dose of security for your FB account.
Steps to change Facebook password
- Log in to your Facebook account from any browser.
- Now, click on the arrow pointing down and open the dropdown menu
- From the menu, select Settings and click to open the account settings page.
- Find the “sign in” option, click “Change password” and then Edit
- Provide the current password, and then create a new password. Re-enter the same password twice.
- Click Save and confirm the password.
Change password in the mobile application:
To change Facebook password on your mobile app, you need to perform the steps in the same order as below:
- First, open the Facebook app and then click on the three horizontal lines.
- Select “settings and privacy” and then again click on “settings”
- On the next screen, go to “Security>>Security & login”
- On the next screen, select “Change Password” under “Login”.
- Next, you must type the current password and the new password that you want to keep.
- Click “Save changes” to apply the changes
- The password is now changed
- Setting a longer password can help keep your account secure.
Apart from changing your password, there are several other security measures that you surely should not miss, to keep your FB account out of the hands of intruders.
- Secure your password:
- Do not use your FB password for another web platform
- Sharing your password is a big NO! it’s quite a personal matter
- Keep an unusual password, not the password that has very common words like your name and date of birth.
- Log out every time you access your FB account from public computer
- Do not download anything from FB until you are sure of the security.
- Add extra security with two-factor authentication:
The TFA technique is a very effective way to create an extra layer of protection on your FB account. With this feature, you will receive a code on your mobile device every time you try to log into your account through the website. To enable TFA, you need to go to the “security and login” section and open “Two Factor Authentication” just below the “change password” menu.
The TFA code only appears on your mobile device when your login session expires. Or sign in from a different device or location. You do not need to provide the code if you are already logged in using the app.
Do you want more security for your Facebook account? You should read about the security features offered by Facebook Official https://getassist.net/contact-facebook-help-center/
Facebook account is really down today
How to report someone on Facebook?
Why can’t I log in to my Facebook account?
How to use Facebook Analytics statistics?
Buy and sell with Facebook Marketplace